The Habra Monastery
Monastery / Obiective turistice
Habra Monastery is located on the border of Groşi township and is dedicated to the "Resurrection of the Lord". Documented for the first time in 1604, the monastery closed its doors a decade later due to the support that the Romanian clergy gave to the ruler Michael the Brave (Mihai Viteazul). After centuries of believers perpetuating the legends born around the monastery, in 1990 the custom of Easter pilgrimage was resumed on the site of the former settlement, and then it was decided to rebuild the monastery. The architecture of the edifice was inspired by the model of Cozia Monastery, but with more modest dimensions.